What is Magic Mongolia Child Development center and purpose
Magic Mongolia is a SAFE HAVEN for children in need of protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Throughout its history, Lantuun Dohio has completed over 30 projects of various scales. Although successful, the projects have always been short-term. Magic Mongolia is our organization’s very first long-term project with a lasting positive impact on the lives of neglected and abused children as well as victims of human trafficking.
In 2017, Lantuun Dohio launched its long-term project, Magic Mongolia, a Child Protection and Development Center that provides a temporary protection shelter and a free kindergarten classes for children in Bayankhoshuu, one of the most polluted and underprivileged districts of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
The Protection Center provides safety, counseling, and legal services to abused children until they are returned to safe conditions. The Development Center serves families who cannot afford to pay for kindergarten services and have no residential registration in Ulaanbaatar, which prevents them from being able to enroll their children in a kindergarten.
The center provides:
- The protection center with the capacity to take twenty children at once until their cases resolve. There is no limit in their stay compared to The National Protection Center with maximum stay of 48 hours.
- Two kindergarten classes with capacity to take over fifty children
- Mongolian Tradition Teaching Yurt
- Public library
- Conference room to provide education and hold meetings with parents and locals
- Craft room to teach skills to parents and locals
- Basketball court
- Security office
- Green house
- Employee camp which can take three families.
Magic Mongolia is built from the ground up in a place of no infrastructure with the financial support of public donors as well as corporate donors just within five months. We aim to create environmentally friendly center by not emitting smoke in the area by installing solar panels and heating by electricity. Our kindergarten opened its doors in November 2017 and the protection center opened in January, 2018. We employ a holistic approach by working not only with the children but also with their parents and strive to build resilient communities.